Looking for a classic cocktail to serve on Derby Day or simply any other hot summer day? Look no further than the refreshing Frozen Strawberry Mint Julep! This delicious drink puts a twist on the traditional mint julep by adding farm-fresh strawberries for a burst of fresh flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
Whether you blend it to a smooth slushy consistency or pour it over crushed ice, this cocktail is sure to be a hit at any summer gathering. So grab some bourbon, honey, lime, and fresh mint, and get ready to cool off with this irresistible Frozen Strawberry Mint Julep!
Use Farm Fresh Ingredients
Farm-fresh ingredients are often picked at the peak of their ripeness and flavor, ensuring that your cocktail will be bursting with the most delicious and natural flavors. In addition, using fresh, local produce supports local farmers and can help to reduce the environmental impact of transportation and storage.
Frozen Strawberry Mint Julep Recipe
Yield: One Drink
- Cocktail glass or metal julep cup
- Fine-mesh sieve or strainer
- Small dish for the salt (if rimming the glass)
- Cocktail spoon/stirrer
First, make your Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup Using Honey if you haven’t already.
- In a blender, combine the bourbon, strawberry mint simple syrup, fresh lime juice, and ice cubes.
2. Blend until the mixture is smooth and slushy.
Note: for extra minty strawberry flavor, you can muddle fresh mint and 1-2 strawberries at the bottom of your glass.
3. Pour the frozen mixture into a glass and garnish with a mint sprig.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious frozen mint julep with a twist of strawberry.
Note: If you prefer a less frozen consistency, you can also blend the mixture with just a few ice cubes and then pour it over crushed ice in the glass.
Fun Twists on this Cocktail
- Make it a mocktail! Simply forego the alcohol and treat your non-alcohol-drinking friends to a delicious treat.
- Bourbon not your thing? Simply switch the bourbon to tequila and Boom! You have strawberry mint margaritas.
- For an extra fun twist, freeze in popsicle molds for a super cold derby party treat!
Make this Frozen Strawberry Mint Julep for a Fun Derby Day Twist!
This Frozen Strawberry Mint Julep is a refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for sipping on a hot day or while watching the big horse race. This fruity twist on the classic mint julep adds a burst of fresh flavor with farm-fresh strawberries and aromatic mint, making it the perfect drink to enjoy with friends and family.
Whether you’re a bourbon lover or looking for a non-alcoholic option, this recipe can easily be adapted to suit your taste preferences. So why not mix up a batch of Frozen Strawberry Mint Juleps and cheers to a summer filled with delicious drinks and good times!
Pin Frozen Strawberry Mint Julep for Later!
About the Author:
I’m Brittany, totally modern and mainstream turned crunchy mama!
Read more here about how I went from a totally incompetent cook and hyper-consumer to striving to live a more meaningful life from scratch.
I can’t wait to share my modern homesteading journey with you and I hope I inspire you to join along!
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz strawberry mint simple syrup
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the bourbon, strawberry mint simple syrup, fresh lime juice, and ice cubes. Blend until the mixture is smooth and slushy.
- Pour the frozen mixture into a glass and garnish with a mint sprig.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious frozen mint julep with a twist of strawberry.