Are you ready for a sweet taste of early summer? This delightful Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup recipe is made with fresh fruit and honey and is a great way to add a burst of flavor to your favorite summertime beverages. Stir it into a refreshing glass of strawberry lemonade, or add it to your favorite cocktail for a burst of fresh flavor.
With its farm-fresh ingredients and irresistible taste, this simple syrup recipe is sure to become a summertime staple in your kitchen. So go ahead and indulge in the sweet, juicy flavors of summer with this irresistible Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup with honey!
Honey Simple Syrup is Best!
This natural recipe has no refined sugar or artificial coloring; just fresh berries, mint from the garden, and local honey. Skipping the white sugar makes this a guilt-free treat (Okay, maybe not totally guilt free. Honey is still sugar).
Use Farm Fresh Ingredients
In the past few years, I have been introduced to the joys of skipping the grocery store and picking our fruit straight from the farm. Not only is this great for sustainability and your local economy, it’s just fun! There is something so refreshing about connecting with the plant itself and making delicious recipes with the literal fruits of your labor. While you can absolutely use store-bought or frozen strawberries for this recipe, I urge you to make the most of this strawberry season and head out to the farm! I was also blessed enough to grab my mint leaf straight from my garden.
Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup Recipe
Optional: 1TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
If you are a big fan of sweet flavor, you can use a whole cup honey for a super sweet treat!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please visit my privacy + disclosure page for more details.
- Small saucepan
- Tomato knife (my favorite knife to cut strawberries)
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Fine mesh sieve or strainer
- Clean bowl or measuring cup
- Potato masher
- Jar or container with a lid for storing the syrup in the refrigerator
- Wash and cut the strawberries.
2. In a small pot, combine the strawberries…
…mint and water to the pot.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
4. Once the strawberries soften slightly, start to mash with a potato masher to get a nice thick syrup.
5. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the strawberries have broken down and released their juices.
6. Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the strawberry mixture into a clean bowl or jar. Be sure to press down on the strawberries to extract as much liquid as possible for a thicker syrup.
7. Discard solids.
8. Let cool completely before use.
9. Transfer the strawberry syrup to a jar or container.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to Use Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup with Honey
Pairs well with a mojito mocktail or cocktail, strawberry mint smash, mint juleps, lemonade, or over ice cream or dessert like a strawberry shortcake!
Use this recipe to make a Frozen Strawberry Mint Julep!
This Strawberry Mint Honey Syrup is the perfect way to bring a touch of summer freshness to any drink. Made with strawberries, honey, and fresh herbs, it’s a little different from the usual refined sugar syrups and adds a delicious touch of sweetness to your favorite beverages. Whether you stir it into a mason jar of lemonade or add it to your favorite cocktail, this syrup is the perfect way to elevate your drinks and take them to the next level.
So next time you’re in the mood for a refreshing beverage, consider adding a splash of this Strawberry Mint Honey Syrup for a burst of flavor that will leave you feeling invigorated and satisfied. With its farm-fresh ingredients and irresistible taste, it’s no wonder that this Strawberry Mint Honey Syrup is quickly becoming one of our favorite ways to enjoy the summer season!
Pin this Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup with Honey for later!
Other Simple Syrup Recipes
About the Author:
I’m Brittany, totally modern and mainstream turned crunchy mama!
Read more here about how I went from a totally incompetent cook and hyper-consumer to striving to live a more meaningful life from scratch.
I can’t wait to share my modern homesteading journey with you and I hope I inspire you to join along!
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups fresh organic strawberries
- To make the strawberry mint simple syrup, combine the water, honey, strawberries, and mint leaves in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Discard the solids and refrigerate the syrup until ready to use.
Store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.