Summer is almost here and it’s time to shake things up with a delicious twist on the classic cocktail. If you haven’t tried strawberry margaritas before, you’re in for a treat. And even if you have, this recipe is unlike anything you’ve tasted before. Introducing the Farm Fresh Strawberry Rose Margarita – a refreshing cocktail that combines the sweetness of fresh strawberries with the delicate floral notes of roses.
Whether you are looking for refreshing cocktails for Cinco de Mayo, Margarita Week, or just for fun, I hope you love this margarita with subtle floral notes and handpicked strawberries.
Strawberry Rose Margarita Recipe
Yield: 1 Cocktail
You can absolutely use store-bought or even frozen strawberries in this recipe, but if it’s the season, I highly encourage a trip to the local farm. You can taste the freshness and I always love to support a local farmer!
Mocktail version: For a non-alcoholic version of this cocktail, you can substitute the tequila with soda water or lemon-lime soda.
Optional addition: basil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please visit my privacy + disclosure page for more details.
Optional: Cocktail Shaker: If you are making multiples or prefer to really shake it up, you can use a cocktail shaker. I am a mama with lots of dishes already, so I prefer to make it straight in the glass.
How to Make Strawberry Rose Margaritas
Make Strawberry Rose Simple Syrup if you haven’t already (takes about 20 minutes total).
- If desired, rim a glass with salt by rubbing a lime wedge around the edge of the glass and then dipping it into a small dish of salt. I added in chopped dried strawberries for an extra colorful punch!
2. Directly in the salted glass over ice, add in lime juice…
…and strawberry rose simple syrup…
3. Stir until well combined and chilled.
4. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lime wedges, if desired.
5. Enjoy your refreshing and flavorful strawberry rose margarita!
Tips for Those Who Like it Extra Sweet
If you prefer a sweeter margarita, do one or all of the following:
- You can adjust the amount of simple syrup to taste.
- Opt for a sugar rim instead of salt!
- Add a TBSP of orange juice or Grand Marnier.
Tips on Picking Your Tequila for Any Tequila Cocktail
- Look for 100% agave tequila: When shopping for tequila, be sure to choose a bottle that is labeled as “100% agave.” This means that the tequila is made entirely from the agave plant, without any added sugars or other additives. Tequilas that are not labeled as 100% agave are often lower-quality and may contain additional ingredients that can affect the flavor of your cocktail.
- Decide between blanco, reposado, or añejo: Tequila comes in several varieties, including blanco (also called silver or white), reposado (rested), and añejo (aged). Blanco tequila is the most common type used in margaritas and other tequila cocktails. It has a crisp, clean flavor that pairs well with citrus and other fruity flavors. Reposado tequila is aged for at least two months but no more than one year in oak barrels, which gives it a slightly richer flavor than blanco. Añejo tequila is aged for at least one year in oak barrels, and has a more complex flavor profile with notes of vanilla and caramel. As you can tell, resposado is my personal favorite!
- Consider your budget: Tequila prices can vary widely, depending on the brand, type, and age. While it’s tempting to splurge on a high-end tequila, keep in mind that for cocktails, you don’t necessarily need the most expensive bottle. Look for mid-range tequilas that fit your budget but still offer good quality and flavor.
Overall, selecting the right tequila for your cocktail is a matter of personal preference. It’s worth trying out different brands and types to find the one that best suits your taste and budget.
Make this Farm Fresh Cocktail for a special treat!
This Farm Fresh Strawberry Rose Margarita is a must-try cocktail for anyone looking to shake things up this summer. Whether it’s your first time trying a strawberry margarita or you’re a seasoned cocktail connoisseur, this recipe offers a unique and refreshing twist on the classic drink.
While the rose-infused simple syrup adds an extra step to the process, it’s well worth the effort for the delicate floral notes it adds to the finished cocktail. So, give it a try and impress your friends and family with this beautiful and delicious drink!
Pin Strawberry Rose Margarita Recipe for Later!
About the Author:
I’m Brittany, totally modern and mainstream turned crunchy mama!
Read more here about how I went from a totally incompetent cook and hyper-consumer to striving to live a more meaningful life from scratch.
I can’t wait to share my modern homesteading journey with you and I hope I inspire you to join along!
- 2 oz gold tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz strawberry rose simple syrup
- Salt for rimming the glass (optional)
- Fresh strawberries and lime wedges for garnish
- If desired, rim a glass with salt by rubbing a lime wedge around the edge of the glass and then dipping it into a small dish of salt.
- Directly in the glass, combine the tequila, lime juice, and strawberry rose simple syrup over ice.
- Stir until well combined and chilled.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and lime wedges, if desired.
- Enjoy your refreshing and flavorful strawberry rose margarita!