Looking for a great way to start your day? Look no further than this energizing herbal tea blend! Packed with natural ingredients that are known for their health benefits, this caffeinated tea is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a natural way to get a burst of energy in the morning. With green tea for a caffeine boost, hibiscus and orange peel for a tart and tangy flavor, peppermint for a refreshing twist, and ashwagandha root for balance, this tea has it all. So why not ditch the coffee and try the best morning tea around? (okay, you don’t have to ditch the coffee. I won’t!).
Medical disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and I am not claiming that these herbs are a substitute for professional care. Always consult a professional for medical advice when starting natural remedies at home. These are just things that I use and love in my own home.
Best Herbal Tea for Energy Recipe
My favorite place to buy herbs online is Starwest Botanicals. Each of the links below is an affiliate link, where I make a small commission from your purchase, at no additional cost to you.
*For a caffeine-free tea, simply skip the green tea!*
Don’t have all these herbs? No problem! Any single one of these herbs on its own would be good for a boost of energy. Hibiscus tea on its own is so good, and a cup of green tea will certainly do the trick.
Optional Substitution: Swap Ashwagandha for Tulsi (aka Holy Basil).
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please visit my privacy + disclosure page for more details.
Supplies for Infusion:
- Mix all of your herbs in a bowl and transfer to an airtight jar.
- Boil 1.5 cups filtered water.
- Add 2 TBSP of the tea mixture.
- Reduce heat, cover, and gently simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- After simmering, remove the pot from heat and strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Serve the tea hot and enjoy!
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dried herbs and stir to mix well. Store this loose-leaf tea in your half-pint jar.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of the herbal tea blend and place it in a tea strainer or infuser.
- Bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil. Always use hot water that has been brought to a boil and then allowed to cool slightly. This ensures that the tea is brewed properly and that the flavors and properties of the herbs are extracted. Water that is too hot can damage the delicate compounds in the herbs, and water that is too cool may not extract all of the beneficial properties.
- Place the tea strainer or infuser in a mug and pour the hot water over it.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5-7 minutes. Always cover your mug when steeping to maintain all the herbal benefits.
- Remove the tea strainer or infuser from the mug and discard or compost the used herbs.
- You can add honey or lemon juice if you like.
- Enjoy your energy tea hot or on ice.
Herbal Tea for Energy Dosage
It is recommended to consume no more than 3 cups of this herbal tea for energy per day. Overconsumption of certain herbs can cause side effects, and it is important to follow the recommended dosage and consult with a healthcare provider if you have any concerns.
I will say, I only drink or take ashwagandha before lunch. If I drink it too close to bed, it gives me really weird dreams!
Caffeine content – This herbal tea blend does contain any caffeine! According to Healthline, “An 8-ounce (240 mL) serving of coffee provides 96 mg of caffeine, while the same amount of green tea provides 29 mg.” While green tea contains less caffeine than a cup of coffee, the other herbs in this blend have some similar effects of caffeine.
The tea blend can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to six months to maintain maximum freshness. It is important to store the tea away from direct sunlight, as exposure to light can cause the herbs to lose their potency.
Herbal Tea for Energy Benefits
One of the most well-known natural remedies in Chinese medicine is green tea. Green tea contains caffeine, which is a natural stimulant that can help increase alertness, increase cognitive function, and boost energy levels. It contains antioxidants called catechins, which can help improve mental clarity and focus for brain health.
Orange peel is rich in vitamin C, which plays a role in energy metabolism and can help reduce fatigue. It also contains flavonoids, which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help support overall health.
Hibiscus is high in vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help support immune function and reduce inflammation. It is also a natural diuretic, which can help flush out toxins and excess fluids that may contribute to feelings of fatigue.
Peppermint contains menthol, which has a cooling effect that can help improve mental alertness and focus. It also has natural energizing properties and can help alleviate feelings of fatigue.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that has been traditionally used to help increase energy and reduce stress by working with the body’s nervous system. With calming effects, it is strange to think of this herb for energy. But, it is thought to work by regulating the body’s response to stress and helping to balance hormone levels, which can help improve energy levels and mental clarity.
Together, these herbs can help provide a natural and energizing boost to your day!
While herbs are a gentle way to ease your symptoms and heal the body, they may still have side effects. Herbal medicine is MEDICINE and should always be treated as such.
Try one of the Best Energy Teas
With its combination of green tea, hibiscus, orange peel, peppermint, and ashwagandha root, this herbal tea blend is truly one of the best teas for energy (in my humble opinion). The balance of the herbs makes for one of my favorite energy-boosting teas, without the jitters. Forget those sugary energy drinks and opt for a natural way to boost your energy levels and brain function. So why not make a commitment to your health and wellness today and give this energizing herbal tea a try? Your body and mind will thank you!
Other Natural Remedies to Boost Energy
- Exercise: Regular physical activity can help improve circulation, increase oxygen flow, and reduce fatigue. Exercise has also been shown to boost mood and mental alertness.
- Sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial for maintaining energy levels. Adults should aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to help support their overall health and energy levels.
- Diet: Eating a balanced and nutritious diet can help provide the body with the energy it needs to function properly. Focus on consuming whole foods that are rich in fiber, protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates.
- Hydration: Dehydration can lead to feelings of fatigue and sluggishness. Drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated throughout the day can help boost energy levels.
- Meditation and relaxation techniques: Stress and anxiety can take a toll on energy levels. Practicing relaxation techniques like meditation, deep breathing, or yoga can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
Healing Herbal Teas with The Homestead Challenge
Looking for the right cup of tea? This post is part of a series about the best herbal tea blends for common ailments. Check out the herbal blends below! I will be linking all of them as they are published.
- How to Brew Herbal Tea: Infusions and Decoctions
- Cold and Flu Tea
- Allergy Tea
- Marshmallow Root Tea
- Nausea Tea
- Anxiety Tea
- Headache Tea
- Hangover Tea
- Mugwort Tea
Pin Best Herbal Tea for Energy Recipe for Later!
About the Author:
I’m Brittany, totally modern and mainstream turned crunchy mama!
Read more here about how I went from a totally incompetent cook and hyper-consumer to striving to live a more meaningful life from scratch.
I can’t wait to share my modern homesteading journey with you and I hope I inspire you to join along!